We are transitioning libraries over to printing their own notices beginning on Monday, February 27, 2012. The last day that SCLS will be printing notices is for files dated Saturday, February 25, 2012. This means that on Monday, February 27, libraries will be responsible for printing notice files dated February 26 and February 27.
Please read the Notice Printing Instructions in full before printing your notices for the first time. The final page is a cheat sheet for when you have completed your initial set-up on the computer you will use to print your notices regularly. If you have any questions, please call the ILS Help Desk at 608-242-4720 for clarification or for assistance.
Several libraries have already begun printing notices in-house already, and we have some notes and best practices to share along with the documentation from SCLS:
- Notice files are not available until after 12pm. They aren’t posted to the fileshare and server until after that time.
- Once you set the header and footer to <blank> in the browser on the computer you use to print your library’s notices, it will remain that way unless you change it again manually.
- There are two locations for notices: hold notices are on the SCLS fileshare, and overdue & billing notices are in a special print directory in Koha.
- Hold notices: If you don’t use the command prompt often, this information will stay in the command prompt field: \\sclfs01\Koha\notices
- Overdue and billing notices: Bookmark the print directory in the browser on the computer you use to print your library’s notices. The URL is: http://scls-staff.ec2.liblime.com/~scls/
- You may not have all three types of notices for your library every day. Read the Notice Printing Instructions for details.
- Make sure your printing targets are accurate, that your notice paper is loaded into the correct printer, and that you are printing one notice per sheet.
- To safeguard private information, destroy any notices printed in error that you are not sending to your patrons.
A note about notice paper: Prior to the migration last spring, we distributed one ream of trifold notice paper to each library. Let us know by February 15th if you cannot find your notice paper. Libraries will be expected to purchase their own paper beginning in July when it will be added as a line item to the coordinated order form.
If you have any questions about the notice printing process and timeline, please call the ILS Help Desk at 608-242-4720.