For the most current news, see the ILS Support Main page.
- 10/23/2012 Koha is back up. Upload your Offline Circulation transactions before checkin and checkout. Instructions are in Section XV of the Circulation Manual.
- 10/22/2012 The staff client is offline due to an outage in the Amazon cloud according to LibLime. We will continue to update the SCLS Status Wiki as information becomes available. Thank you for your patience.
- 10/18/2012 The Serials Clones memo has been posted for 2013. Please review the list of titles which will be received on new subscription records linking to new bibliographic records.
- 10/17/2012 The upgrade is officially scheduled for October 29 at 9pm. Downtime for LINKcat PAC will be 15-30 minutes. As stated below, LINKcat will have only partial contents during the four-hour re-indexing process. We will add a slide with these details to the LINKcat homepage within the next day or two. Again, please read the release notes for updates on Solr searching tips, among other features in this upgrade.
- 10/12/2012 The Release Notes for the 4.14 upgrade are posted. Please review the document before October 29. When the upgrade occurs, the LINKcat PAC will be totally down for a minute or two while the code switch and upgrade takes place. Then LINKcat will contain only partial contents during the four hours that the index is being re-built. When we have more details as to the time and date of the LINKcat downtime, we'll add a slide to the home page to alert patrons in advance.
- 10/10/2012 Libraries are reminded to check the physical condition of items before check in, check out and holds processing. Please read the LINK 2.0 Koha blog post for more information.
- 10/8/12 The upgrade to LibLime Koha 4.14 is scheduled for October 29. Complete details are available in the LINK2.0Koha blog post.
- 10/8/12 The "My fines" tab in the PAC patron account has been removed. Please see the LINK 2.0 Koha blog post for more information.
- 10/5/12 We have opened registration for the following Circulation Webinars; Receipts Management, Fines & Financial Transactions, and Problem Items forms. You may register online. They will be recorded and posted online if your staff is unable to attend on these particular dates.
- 10/3/12 The September reports for LINKcat and LINKcat Mobile are posted.
- 9/28/12 The minutes from the September CSC Subcommittee Meeting are now available online.
- 9/25/12 Final Testing of LibLime 4.14 To Begin, upgrade coming soon.
- 9/25/12 We are looking for new Ideas for LINKcat slideshow slides
- 9/25/12 The My Fines tab has been removed from LINKcat: read all about it.
- 9/25/12 The new Solr indexing platform is available for testing in the sandbox staff client and PAC. Please see the LINK 2.0 Koha blog post for more details on this coming upgrade.
Known Problems:Recently Added & Updated
- 10/8/12 FIXED. Patron Expiration date no longer recalculates for record changes (listed below). 9/13/2012 More details: Patron Record Expiration date:Changes to fields in these sections change the Expiration date: Patron identity, Main address, Contact, Alternate Address, Alternate Contact, and Patron Messaging preferences. Changes to fields in these sections have not affected the Expiration Date, Library Management, Library set-up, OPAC login, and Patron Account flags. 9/12/12 New problem: Patron Record Expiration date: Saving changes to a patron record will also modify the expiration date to 4 years from the date the record was modified, whether or not the record is expired. A similar problem was reported last September and fixed in the 4.10.5 point upgrade. This 'new' problem has been reported to LibLime. (9/12/2012) ( SCLS Support ticket 43042)
- 10/8/12 New problem: Cannot sort hold list by "status" in patron PAC account: The "status" column does not sort correctly. Try sorting the "suspend" column to group In transit and Waiting items separately from Pending items. (10/8/12) (SCLS Support Ticket 43236)
- 10/2/12 New problem: Batch changing call numbers using Batch item edit: If you add a plus sign to the call number field in the batch item edit form, the plus sign is dropped when the batch change goes through. Right now the only workaround for this is to change the call number manually in each item record. (10/2/12) (SCLS Support Ticket 41755)