Problem Item reports are run each November and May for items with “Problem Item” statuses assigned at least one year prior to the report date. These reports help libraries to keep track of all items that have “problem” statuses and to take appropriate action on these items according to their local policy.
- Items with a status of Lost + Charge, Lost & Paid for, Missing, Trace, Damaged, Lost in Transit and Missing Inventory that appear on the May reports but are not resolved will be batch deleted in July.
- Items marked Claims Returned, AV Repair, Defect Reported, Mending, In Processing and Parts Missing are not included in the annual batch deletion.
Libraries should have internal workflows/procedures for dealing with
items with these problem statuses. Here are some examples. This list
is not exhaustive:
- Were broken items mended?
- Were replacement parts ordered?
- Did patron pay for damages?
- Were magazines with Current Issue/No CKO status correctly updated?
- Were items marked as In Processing correctly checked in?
- Do patrons with Lost + Charge items need to be reminded about payment?
Here are the Problem Item [PI] Reports:
PI: Not for Loan (In Processing, Current Issue/No CKO, Unavailable, Bindery) This report is run monthly and is posted in the Reports Calendar.
PI: Damaged. This report is run in November and May and is posted in the Reports Calendar.
PI: Not Lost (AV Repair, Defect Reported, Mending, Part Missing). This report is run in November and May and is posted in the Reports Calendar.
PI: Lost (Lost + Charge, Lost & Paid for). This report is run in November and May and is emailed to the Director of each library. This report is not posted in the Reports Calendar as it contains patron information.
Trace reports and the Long in Transit reports are run twice a month (2nd and 4th Tuesday) and are posted in the Reports Calendar.
Please contact the ILS Help desk if you have any questions about the process or problems accessing these reports.