Based on recent software fixes and final testing, SCLS ILS has determined that we will move forward with the upgrade to LibLime Koha Release 4.18 at 7 pm on Tuesday, April 15. We will be using link-announce email and the SCLS status wiki to keep staff updated on the upgrade progress as appropriate. Here are the details that we have so far:
- The upgrade will begin at 7 pm on Tuesday, April 15
- The PAC will not be available during the upgrade
- SCLS is alerting the patrons of the down time via a slide in LINKcat and social media
- We do not yet know what time the system will be available on the morning of the April 16
- This upgrade will include a data migration of some item statuses and fines / fees
- SCLS ILS staff will be doing data testing on the morning of the upgrade
- Most likely the staff modules will be available, but, due to the data testing, we ask that staff do not use the system until given the all clear via email and the status wiki
- Libraries should be prepared to use Offline Circ on the morning of April 16 in case the system is not available by library opening time
Now is a great time to watch the recorded Koha 4.18 webinars if you have not already done so or if you have not attended a live webinar: http://www.scls.info/ils/training/index.html (see under Webinars).
This is also a good time to review the Offline Circulation tutorial if you are not familiar with its use. LibLime and SCLS ILS staff will do everything possible to make the system available by library opening time on the morning of April 16, but it is best to be prepared for all scenarios!
Finally, please review the 4.18 Release Notes if you have not already done so.