Wednesday, April 1, 2015 is the launch date for LINKcat online payments. The bug with the Transaction library (Account and Account History screens) was fixed in the 4.18.9 upgrade on 3/4/2015 so we are good to go.
The e-Commerce: LINKcat online payment information (p. 22) has been posted in the Circulation Manual. This Section also includes the instructions we will be providing to the patrons. The patron instructions will be available as a printed handout and also linked from multiple places in LINKcat. Library staff should watch the recorded webinar "LINKcat Online Payments" if they have not already done so.
An initial quantity of the printed instructions and promotional bookmarks will be sent to your library the week before April 1. We will add the printed instructions to the ILS Forms Request form so libraries can order additional copies as needed.
Announcements will be in the status wiki and in Top 5 the week before and the week of the launch.
- Payment will be via web access only.
- Patrons can make credit and/or debit card payments from within the library or from outside the library.
- Library staff will instruct patrons to use a PC to pay their fees.
- For increased security, library staff will not handle the credit/debit card and will not enter the information for the patron.
- Once this feature is up and running, we will provide guidelines for libraries that have patrons that require physical assistance to handle their cards.
- Truncated version of patron instructions:
- If a patron owes more than 10.00, they will see a Pay Now hyperlink display in their “my summary” screen. There will also be a nearby link to instructions.
- After clicking the “Pay Now” button, the patron will be required to login again, using their patron barcode and PIN, to access the Envisionware payment software.
- Once they login they will be taken to the payment option page. Currently there is only one option to choose from (Credit/Debit card).
- Users will be required to enter their full Card Holder Name, Expiration Date and the CVC number (to validate the credit card use).
- Patrons using this service are currently required to pay the full balance owed on their account.
- This is a real-time service: once the patron has paid their fines, the payment is applied directly to their account and the charges are credited.