Get to Know Offline Circulation
During the data migration to Bibliovation, libraries may use offline circulation for checking out materials to patrons. We have a new version of Offline Circulation. While the new Offline Circulation software is very easy to use, we recommend that you practice using it prior to the downtime (December 6 at 9 pm). Here are some tips:
- Read through the documentation. It contains instructions that assure the best possible experience (such as do not click the red "Delete All Queued" button). Prior to the downtime, you may use offline circulation and practice uploading transactions into the Bibliovation Sandbox (go to the Training page (login required) and scroll down to the Bibliovation sandbox section.)
- Offline circulation is now a Firefox extension and it has been installed on all SCLS supported staff PCs.
- The old Koha Offline Circulation software and Desktop shortcut will be removed from staff PCs on December 6th. This will make it impossible for staff to accidentally use it during the downtime.
- If for some reason, you don't see the Bibliovation Offline Circulation icon in Firefox, you may have an issue with the private browsing settings in Firefox. SCLS Help Desk staff have written a blog post to help you resolve this issue if it happens.
- If you have trouble with Offline Circulation during the migration, we will have Help Desk staff available Saturday and Sunday during library open hours. You may contact them using normal methods.
Last week, the media kit with tools for promoting the migration was made available. Today, bookmarks announcing the downtime will be sent out in delivery to every LINKcat library and branch. Next week we will be distributing a refreshed set of LINKcat help bookmarks to every LINKcat library and branch.