We are pleased to announce that there will be an update to Bibliovation starting at 9 pm on Monday, December 7. The upgrade does not require system downtime. This release (6.02.04) includes fixes to all modules of Bibliovation. See the Release Notes for a full list of issues addressed in this upgrade. Some, but not all, of the fixes, changes, and new features are listed below.
This upgrade includes fixes that have been tested by SCLS staff and at some libraries. To the best of everyone’s assessment, the fixes are working well and any bugs identified during testing have been fixed. However, as we learned with past upgrades and patches, we may experience unexpected results following the upgrade. We may also discover new problems. We will use the Known Problems page to document any post upgrade problems. After the upgrade, please clear your browser cache before using Bibliovation.
High Priority Fixes
This release includes fixes for the following high-priority problems (these problems are also listed in the Release Notes):
Changes and New Features
This release also includes the following changes and new features (these changes are also listed in the Release Notes):
- Normal tab now called Detail tab: The “Normal” tab on a bibliographic record is now labeled as “Detail.” The change will be reflected in manuals and training materials.
- Page navigation (pager) added to resolve response time problems for bibs with many items: In order to address response time problems on bibliographic records with many items, "pagers" of 20 items have been added in multiple places if a bib record has more than 30 items attached. This means that after the first 20 items on the record, the user will have to page through to the next set of 20 items. You can still search for individual items by item barcode and you can sort the entire list of items by clicking on the column headers. The pagers have been added in the following places:
- If an individual library has more than 30 items on a bib record, then there is a pager on the Details and Edit Items pages. This would most likely occur only on the library's GENERIC records.
- If there are more than 30 items on the entire bib record, then there is a pager on the Item Statuses page.
- If there are more than 30 items on the entire bib record, then a pager appears on the title's details page in the LINKcat Discovery Layer.
- Please note that you can see your library's items first by using your library's custom Bibliovation URL. To use your library's custom URL, enter your agency code at the beginning of the URL. For example, a staff URL would be sca.scls.kohalibrary.com and a patron URL would be sca.linkcat.info.
- Page navigation (pager) added to resolve response time problems for bibs with many holds: In order to address response time problems on bibliographic records with many holds, "pagers" of 10 holds have been added to the list of holds on the bib record. To search the entire list of Holds, click the “Show All” button and enter your search parameter in the "Existing holds" Search field, or sort by the column headers.
- Page navigation (pager) added to resolve response time problems for patrons with large volume of transactions: If a patron has more than 30 items checked out, then the patron record displays only the 30 most recent checkouts by default. There is a "View all" link that will display the full list of checkouts. This does not affect the checkouts display in the LINKcat patron dashboard. It only affects the staff display.
- Advanced Patron Search page: LibLime has added an additional “Search Patrons” button at the top of field list in the Advanced Patron Search page.
- OPAC/Staff notes in subscriptions now visible outside of Serials module in staff client: OPAC and Staff notes can now be seen while viewing a bibliographic record associated with a serials record in the staff view only.
- Renewals for serials subscriptions: There is now a section in the Serials module called Renewals. It will show subscriptions at a library that are close to their expiration date and gives options to extend and change the dates.