Why are we switching?
- The software we currently use for Help Desk tickets is no longer supported and will lose functionality in October
What’s the new software like?
- The new software has similar functionality but is more user-friendly
- There will still be a User Portal for library staff to submit and manage their own tickets
- Tickets can still be created via the Help Desk Portal, by sending an email, or by calling the Help Desk
What will change?
- The new Help Desk Portal will be available from both inside and outside the SCLS network
- There’s an app (if you’re into that kind of thing… 🙂)
- To use the Help Desk Portal, library staff must have a library-branded email address to create an account (no @gmail.com or @hotmail.com addresses!)
- We will add Knowledge Base articles for self-service
- Portal differences – Library staff can…
- resolve tickets
- edit comments
- more easily add multiple attachments to a ticket
- add comments to Closed tickets (which will re-open them)
- add additional accounts to CC: on the ticket
What does SCLS staff love about the new software?
- It is more user-friendly and has additional functionality that may be implemented in the future
How will we get to the new Help Desk portal?
- The new Help Desk portal address will be announced in an email the week before Go Live
What do library staff need to know to use the new Help Desk Portal?
- The new Portal will function similarly to our current Help Desk Portal
- It will be accessible from inside AND outside the SCLS network
- Library staff will need to have a library-branded email address to create an account. Without an account, you may still submit tickets by calling the Help Desk or sending an email.
- Library staff will continue to receive ticket updates via email
What will happen to the old Help Desk Portal and any open tickets?
- Please try to close any open Help Desk tickets before Sept 6th
- Beginning on Sept 6th, SCLS staff will move any remaining open tickets to the new software
- The old Help Desk Portal will be unavailable after Sept 6th
We expect there may be an occasional hiccup as we transition to the new software. We look forward to your feedback (and patience) as we get adjusted!