We are continuing our work on the authority control project to update existing OCLC bibliographic records in our database with up-to-date author, subject, genre, and uniform title (series) headings.
LibLime will be importing and overlaying bibliographic and authority records. This means that there needs to be a full cataloging moratorium this weekend with no work done on bib records (including BSEs). This will start tomorrow, Saturday, April 29.
During this time, staff cannot:
- Create, edit, or overlay records (BSE and MARC).
- Use "Send to Catalog" from GetIt to create bib records.
- Create new LOCAL or PERM records.
- Delete or merge bib records.
During this time, staff can continue to:
- Create, edit, withdraw, and delete item records for items owned by your library.
- Use "Send to Catalog" from GetIt to create item records.
- Work with Purchase orders in GetIt (as long as you don't send bibs to the catalog).
- Work with Receiving and Invoicing in GetIt.
- Update and create GEN records.
- Do serials checkin in Serials.
This is planned to be completed for Monday, May 1. Once completed, cataloging and acquisitions staff will receive an email (should be early in the morning) when it is ok to resume creating new BSE records and sending to catalog from GetIt.