We are pleased to announce that there will be an update to Bibliovation starting at 9pm on Monday, January 10, 2022. The upgrade will require system downtime from approximately 9pm to midnight. This release (7.00.15) includes fixes to most modules of Bibliovation; however, most of the fixes are in Circulation. See the Release Notes for a full list of issues addressed in this upgrade. Some, but not all, of the fixes, changes, and new features are listed below.
This upgrade includes fixes that have been tested by SCLS staff and at some libraries. To the best of everyone’s assessment, the fixes are working well and any bugs identified during testing have been fixed. However, as we learned with past upgrades and patches, we may experience unexpected results following the upgrade. We may also discover new problems. We will use the Known Problems page to document any post upgrade problems. After the upgrade, please clear your browser cache before using Bibliovation.
High Priority Fixes
This release includes fixes for the following high-priority problems (these problems are also listed in the Release Notes):
- Reduced Transportation Holds not working
- Advanced search option "Only items currently available for loan or reference" includes items not available for loan
- In transit holds not counted as "active" holds on Patron Dashboard page
- Hold requests on Holds Queue report blocking walk-in check out on self check unit
- Patron data in left sidebar not cleared when using Clear screen button
Changes and New Features
This release also includes the following changes and new features (these changes are also listed in the Release Notes):
- Patron Group: (This feature will not be enabled until after the upgrade.) A new feature allows staff to link family members together. One patron record is designated as the Leader of the Group, and other family members are linked to it. (Please note that this does NOT work in conjunction with the linked accounts functionality in the Solus Mobile App.)
- Delete Patron functionality moved: Delete Patron functionality used to be located in the “More” button located on many of the Patron record screens. In Bibliovation this functionality was moved to the left screen menu list and an internal permission was added to designate which staff had the ability to delete patron records.
- Sort options now customizable: We now have the ability to customize the sort options that are displayed on the search results page.